Sunday 30 November 2014

Illustrated books

I have been working on an illustrated story book about the miniature railway in Ickenham over the last year and decided the best way to get it underway was to self-publish it. As a trial I worked on one of the books I had made for my grandchildren, called Rudolph's tale and made versions for publishing on demand print to be sold through Amazon and Kindle. 
 

The Kindle form proved complicated so I have put that aside for the railway story for the time being.  Now I have added a third book, called Too many hats to my collection and hope to add the others I have written in the near future. I am in the process of trying to get some hard copies to sell but these have to come from the USA. I have found it interesting to do and you know what they say about the benefits of learning a new skill at my age! If you want to look at my authors page you can find it here

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Alan, it is a venture I have been considering for a long time. I have about another six stories made if I can lick them into shape. Got my hard copies and sold three not long after the box was opened. Hope to take some down the Railway today as it is their last open day till April next year. Also hope to have some at the Ickenham Festive Community Night on Friday night. Yvonne, Jane and I have a stall called Artypact in the village hall selling jewellery and cards.

    ReplyDelete